community

Gigbeth Music Project Oct ’07

I have been working on a music project organised by (Learning Skills Council funded) Gigbeth festival. We are assisting young Brummies with music compositions that are to be showcased in the opening ceremony on Digbeth High St- 1st November. We were set the task of producing a quality end product, Read more…

By Bobbie, ago
community

Tech in the afternoon

As a free lance muso cash flow is a incessant hurdle that I am slowly getting used to. In my last post I gushed about looking forward to half-term and having a much needed break. However, I am a slave to the dollar which means this has been postponed. I Read more…

By Bobbie, ago
community

Mentoring Young People

A useful article on youth mentoring. What makes mentoring work? Ongoing training for mentors Structure and careful planning Parent support/involvement Mentoring programmes that are driven by the needs of mentees It was good to read an article that looked specifically at the mentoring I am doing. I wish there were Read more…

By Bobbie, ago
community

GTP vs Community Musician

So far, every school I have delivered workshops to has tried to get me on their Graduate Training Programme- a course that turns you into a teacher, but more hands on than a PGCE. Obviously there is a real shortage of music teachers, but, I did not realise it was Read more…

By Bobbie, ago