A new year, new year’s resolutions, brand new second hand you, new diaries, new socks. Instead of resolutions I have made some determinations (kind of similar) but the process is habitual (twice daily in fact), and I am winning, I’ll share a few.
- Respect for all life (including my own)
- Respect for money
- Create lots of beautiful sounds
- Travel lots (UK and Int.)
- Be able to do a bananeira and macaco in capoeira (All about fear, because I have executed them at least once, just not on demand)
As burn out fast approaches, I’ll quickly tell you about new projects I am involved in.
- Kismet – Through running an event as part of BASS Festival last year I bumped into two fabulous curators and creatives: Rose and Ian. Since then we decided to work on our liccle project Kismet, the team has increased now, to ‘music journalist in the training’ – Ross, Zara and Saad. We are not quite sure what Kismet is or will become; but we know that we all share a passion for arts, culture, supporting emerging talent and being inclusive – these values will impact on Kismet. We have a fundraiser next week where I shall be DJing (amongst others) and serving fondue.
- Working loads at Washwood Heath Technology College, piano teaching and composition workshops. The kids are truly amazing! I’m always jamming with staff, kids, sharing tunes and laughing loads. I feel very lucky.
- Working on the marketing/social media side for a visual arts project called Kalaboration.
- Composing for Uchenna – keep going on about it, but loving the process.
- Devising my own composition ideas and working out how I can up-skill in this area. The dream is to do a Masters…. I picked the worst time to decide on doing this – d’oh!
- Delivering creative workshops with primary schools in Brum – composition and ensemble.
- Another exciting project involving film and sound which I can’t announce yet.